Laura. 35. Born in the Year of the Horse. Intently studious Horsewoman --though sadly mostly retired from serious riding at age 30 due to chronic recurring back injury first incurred at age 16. Was SO alive and HAPPY in the saddle--Feel like I'm kindof slowly dying inside ever since. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Avid Thoroughbred racing fan, following breeding as well.
***WARNING WARNING WARNING*** Thoroughly, completely, and utterly ENTHRALLED by the Matthew Gray Gubler person. This WILL BE strongly reflected in this blog.
About me: [Bit of a tomboy:I love powerful trucks, tough tractors (yes, they are sexy!), fast cars (even sexier)]
On the more sophisticated side, I love literature, learning, sharing what I learn with those who care to know, and great conversation over a nice juicy fillet. Wordsmith of sorts.
Now, as to musica-- there will be on here rock, country, rap, alternative, classical/orchestral, techno/electronica, encompassing old, new, and in-between.
As for men--In chronological order by age of obsession here goes:
* Tom Wopat (Luke Duke - I saw even at the age of four that he was the smart one, and there was just something about the dark hair and blue eyes...and the hood-slide shot)
* K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand - who needs human when you have smart, compassionate, strong, agile, air-conditioned, sleek lines and overhead cams?)
* Duncan Regehr (Don Diego de la Vega - HORSEMAN, scientist, engineer, extensive reader, painter, swordsman, mad whip skills)
* Scott Bakula (Dr. Samuel Beckett- genius, compassionate, singer, dancer)
* Michael T. Wiess (Jarod - genius, compassionate, haunted)
* Noah Wyle (Dr. John Carter - smart, compassionate, petite)
* Matthew Gray Gubler [CURRENT] (Dr. Spencer Reid - genius, compassionate, dapper, funny, omg just every little itsy bitsy little teeny weenie thing about him...)
Here is the vid that embodies my blog title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBbyigJjFgI&feature=player_embedded
ALOPECIA/HAIRLOSS -- I also post alopecia TOTALIS/UNIVERSALIS stuff cause I have the damned, dreaded, uncurable condition. I mean, I've had it for well over a decade (actually its been closer to twenty years than to ten at this point) and of course will have it the rest of my life...so if you have lost all or part (less experienced in the partial loss dept--e..g. what to do with long hair under a wig) of your hair and have questions or concerns or comments or whatever feel free to hit up my ask. I know some great wig sites, alopecia forums, and alopecian groups/pages. I love to help people, I KNOW HOW DIFFICULT this hairloss journey can be!
Lastly, to clarify: I love horse (flat) racing, not steeplechasing. IMO they can have them race head to head OR have them jump things at high speed against the clock--NOT BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY. I also give not a fuck about gambling, betting, odds or any of that mess. Except that the bettors and the slot machines bring bigger purses. Have never bet a race in my life. For me its about the animals, jockeys, trainers, outriders, grooms, track announcers, etc. doing what they love, not my own potential financial gain.
(warned you I was a wordsmith lol) (hence my cute icon!)
Seven Nation Army - Oak Ridge Boys
this rocks so hardcore! Like when Johnny Cash did ‘Hurt’